1. An old time band must have at least three members consisting of banjo played old time style, fiddle, and guitar. No more than seven members.
2. A bluegrass band must have at least four members consisting of banjo played in bluegrass style, guitar, bass, and fiddle and/or mandolin. No more than seven members.
Electric bass guitars are allowed in bluegrass bands. Direct hookup will be provided. Electric basses will not be judged for individual competition.
3. Junior bands must have at least three members age 16 and under, and may be accompanied by one adult. Junior individuals must be 16 and under, and may have one string instrument backup of any age.
4. In case of broken strings or picks, or a malfunction of the sound system or lights, contestants affected will be allowed to repeat their performance, playing the same tune or song, without penalty.
5. Vocal entries should be solo traditional, original or folk songs. Vocalists may play an instrument while they sing if they wish and may have an additional string instrument backup. Vocal counts as an individual category. Vocalists may not enter another individual category (except dance).
6. Contestants may play with one band only, with the exception of adults who accompany a junior band (one adult per junior band). Band members may also enter one individual category, and be judged during their band's performance, or individually with no backup or one instrument backup. Musicians may also enter dance. Senior bands must have the same members in preliminary and final competition.
7. Acoustic instruments only, except electric bass guitars in bluegrass bands.
8. All judges are musicians themselves. Their decisions are final and will be supported by management.
9. The management reserves the right to make video and/or audio recordings of any performance without consent from any performer or group. Any contestant agrees the recordings are the property of the management.
10. No copyright music.
Please be respectful of fellow campers with the volume of your electric instruments. Thank you.